Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you buy your new bow for all the (wrong) reasons,.. ?

Well did you ? Dont lie,... we can tell if you lie... :shade:

Crazy Wolf

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nope. I bought an elite.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Yes! I didn't need a new bow, I wanted one. I already had two hunting bows, I didn't need another one. Until I shot it. Thank goodness the wife was with me and she saw that look....you know the one....similar to the mid life crisis.....I had been wanting a new Jeep or 4X4 pickup. She was looking for something to get me for Christmas and we stopped by the archery shop to look at arrows and to shoot the new bows. After shooting the DNA, she saw the look and we both knew right then and there what I was getting for Christmas! I love that woman!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've always wondered this too.....whenever you see someone come on here and ask what bow they should buy most people respond by saying "go shoot all of them and pick the one that fits you best", but then they criticize for not buy "their" brand......

What makes the difference of brand if the bow "fits" you????

Does Elites customer service and warranty, for example, make that bow fit you better?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've always wondered this too.....whenever you see someone come on here and ask what bow they should buy most people respond by saying "go shoot all of them and pick the one that fits you best", but then they criticize for not buy "their" brand......

What makes the difference of brand if the bow "fits" you????

Does Elites customer service and warranty, for example, make that bow fit you better?

I didnt buy the elite for their CS. I bought it because it was the best handling bow iv shot in a looong time! I hope I never have to use their CS.

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
A bow has to talk to me, it is intuitive at least to me. If it shouts I will do what I have to do but me and that bow will be one someday. I keep my bows for quite a while they are like a woman and I have only been married once. I am not promiscuous in life or with bows. I didn't marry my wife because every body else chose her, I married her because she was for me.

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I didnt buy the elite for their CS. I bought it because it was the best handling bow iv shot in a looong time! I hope I never have to use their CS.
I bought an Elite Hunter based solely on the talk of others on here, I had never even shot one. I found a great deal in the classifieds here. I figured if I didn't like it, I would put it up for resale and be done with it. I loved it and put my Hoyt up for sale.

So I guess I did buy it for the wrong reasons (others opinions on the bow and company) but found that those reasons were spot on.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yup I loved my omen but ordered a DNA. I thought I needed it. Well just bought a new F-150 ecoboost so i canceled my order for my DNA today. Omen is better anyways!

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Yup I loved my omen but ordered a DNA. I thought I needed it. Well just bought a new F-150 ecoboost so i canceled my order for my DNA today. Omen is better anyways!
Omen is a rocket launcher its a nasty speed machine.

Wish I never sold mine

·
Banned
622 Posts
Nothing wrong about buying a new bow.

Unless its a mathews.
hey man, your bowtech called, he said your limbs came in and he's really sorry but they delaminated in the UPS box somehow and they're gonna have to re-order a new new set.

sorry for the hassle

1 - 20 of 32 Posts