Archery Talk Forum banner

Which cable routing setup would you prefer on a new bow? (also please post why)

• Given a choice, I would select a conventional slider.

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • Given a choice, I would select a roller cable guide.

Votes: 47 51.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So many of the manufacturers are going to cable rollers guides with their hot bows...

Given the choice, which setup would you prefer?
(also please leave post indicating why)

·
Registered
90 Posts
didnt vote. i don't think the use of a roller guard, cable slide, reverse roller guard, etc. should determine my choice. i like whichever bow feels and shoots the best...for me

·
Registered
646 Posts
slider, relieves pressure off of the cams.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
slider, relieves pressure off of the cams.
Where'd you get that idea? Either system pulls the limb tips toward the riser. This what causes cam-lean.

For what it's worth I didn't vote either. Personally I like a shoo-through cable system. I haven't shot a roller guard enough to make an honest comparison between that and a conventional rod/slide.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Yeah, I don't care which is on there. Probably doesn't make much difference.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah it doesnt matter. As long as the bow feels good and shoots good is all I care about.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
It doesnt matter to me as long as i like the way the bow draws and shoots.
could really care less whats on there

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
i voted for the cable slide but thats only because i plan on get the alphaburner but as many others have said it doesnt matter to me as long as i like the feel.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah it doesnt matter. As long as the bow feels good and shoots good is all I care about.
Tell that to the guys with the 2009 Bowtechs.

·
Registered
24,900 Posts
need a i dont care button. im not going to let a roller gaurd or slide determine if im buying a bow or not

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I have always preferred regular cable slides but, if a bow I really wanted had a roller guard, it wouldnt stop me from buying it.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Makes no difference to me either way. Both get the job done.

·
Livin' in a van....
8,473 Posts
they'll both get the job done. Maybe my admiral was just a lemon, but I couldn't get it together. Love my cable slider now. That's just me, i don't neccessarily blame the roller guard

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah it dont really matter i been shooting a Bowtech General for the past two seasons and i just picked up a Bowtech SWAT a few days ago the both shoot great the General has the roller the SWAT has the slider.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts