Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Maybe you could do a piece or video on the setting up a forgiving hunting bow shooting fixed blade broadheads.
Another hot topic I would like to see is the debate between 6" and 7" brace height bows. Would be nice to see a honest answer from a pro on his thoughts.
Great job, love the videos and podcast, hope you keep on doing what your doing with bringing helpful tips from the pros.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Cant wait for the keyboard pros to pick it apart and show how smart they are. Cool stuff informative and entertaining. Thank you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'd like to hear jacks take on the whole roller guard controversy !!
Awesome stuff guys

Above post would be great at least to hear how bows tune different with slide vs rolled

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great job guys.

As an engineer I do have to question Jack's method for calculating the moment when setting up stabilizers.

Moment is equal to distance times the weight or force applied over the distance. So if you have a 30" bar out front at 90 degrees to the riser with 5 oz of weight on the front. You are creating a moment around the riser of 150 in/oz. Or 0.78125 ft/lbs.

This same calculation can be done for the back bar however there is some trig calculation that need to be done to adjust for angles down and away from the riser.

Jack's method of length squared times the weight might work, I just had to clean get that off my chest.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Ok, this last one really has me wanting more now. I really appreciate Jack taking the time to answer some of the questions we had on the Edge build, and you guys really have me looking forward to some of the tuning things you plan on doing in the future.

Just curious, but do any of you BowJunky Ohio guys do any of the OAA shoots? Beyond that, I know you guys are focused on the pro big shoots, but is there any tie in with trying to have some kind of BowJunky:Ohio, BowJunky:Virginia, etc type coverage anywhere? Not necessarily video or even pod cast. I also realize it would require more people to do things. Maybe 5 minute reports on a podcast from someone in attendance? I'm just brainstorming here.

·
FITA/TRAD/PARA SuperMod
3,529 Posts
Who's Jack Wallace?

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
Awesome bow build with Jack. I talked with Jack upon arrival at the Regions shoot in Warren. He's just like he is in your videos, real nice fella. You guys are doing a nice job covering all aspects of archery. I liked the part where Jack almost dropped your bow out of the press LMAO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts