Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I took a pic of the string on the rail of my carbon nitro. As you may see, the string touches only the left part of the rail.
The timing is okay. Also when adding or taking twist out of the cables does not change thing.
Is this normal for reversed draw crossbows because off the cables crossing eachother at the cable saver? Is this due to a weaker limb? When lying two arrows on the cams, there is 3/8 inch heigth difference.

Can you show me your string alignment? Also Scorpyd shooters are welcome to post their pics.
I am tempted to buy an Orion or aculeus, they seem to be better built (one limb vs split limb, better system for holding the limbs in place, serving on the cables). The nitro might have advantages on the Scorpyd as well, but I have never seen/shot a Scorpyd before.
First I want to solve the issues on this bow. Maybe I don't need to change anyway?

tmp_14549-IMG_20170731_114943-1722487854.jpg

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
What happens if you remove the string stop? Call tp

·
today's macguyver
5,682 Posts
looks like the riser is not mounted square to the barrel , or they did not get the spacing right on the cam axles ,
check and make sure both sides have the same washers above and below the cam . call Tenpoint they will get ya fixed up .

·
Huntoholic
10,777 Posts
If your spacers are in properly and the head is assembled properly,,, I would first remove the front riser bolt and spacer and reinstall them tighten them very tight,, I had this on one and when I did this it squared up and never gave me a problem again. If this does not work, like others said, call TP,, they will take care of you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I loosened the bolts and tightened them, but without results.
I will send this picture to TP andere ask what they think about it. Sending the bow back means that it will take a few weeks before being back in business since I live in Europe.

Out of curiosity, van anyone post detailed pictures of the cams and rail of a Scorpyd Orion?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts