Archery Talk Forum banner

Your thoughts on the tree saddle.

1501 Views 35 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Buckmeister
I've heard a lot about this thing... What do you think of the tree saddle? Only reply if you have used it.

Thanks

Morgan.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
the best treestand you will ever buy. Portable, light, and can hunt from any tree. It just takes getting used to. go visit their website and watch their videos
Right on the money.

· aim small...miss small...
1,303 Posts
best option on the market as far as versatility. takes a little getting used to at first but pretty comfortable after a while. if I had the option to keep trees prepped for it I would still own one. who knows, i might miss it and buy another one

· Registered
3,868 Posts
John Eberhart uses one exclusively check his web site he explains the use and gives great tips.:darkbeer:

· Registered
475 Posts
I have one, used it last year a lot. One complaint, I just got a new one, some of the stitching was starting to come out on my old one after one season! I bought it from Cabelas, they sent me out a new one no questions asked! If they didn't, I would buy another one. It took getting used to but, opened up a lot more places for me to hunt. I bicycle in on public land & use lone wolf sticks & a gorilla tree seat to stand on. I will be attaching three ameristep strap on steps to the cinch strap on the gorilla seat. I can not use screw in steps on public. I have never felt safer than in a tree saddle.

· Registered
101 Posts
:thumbs_up The treesaddle is the best investment you can make. Work with it, figure out how to use it, you will never look back. If you have any concerns at all about being up high they will go away with this method of elevated hunting. The reason as explained to me is perception. You are facing the tree, that gives you preceived security. I myself can go much higher without any concern than I could in my climber(I still love my sumitt). Just don't use it that much now that I have this. You can set up a few trees with steps or ladder sticks. Than you just and wear it in. Or you can pack it in with climbing sticks. It will allow you to use darn near any tree you see. Get one as small as you can. Too big creates a comfort problem. Ask any question you have about it, there are alot lot of folks here using them. HTH.........

· Registered
98 Posts
Treesaddle

Tried both the Treesaddle and the Treesuit, I personally love the Treesuit, has a built in seat where the Saddle does not, more comfortable and the seat keeps your privates off the tree (Ouch!) There is a slight learning curve to both but after you get used to it you will love it. I also use Treehopper steps and bit. Before season I scout, drill some holes then all I have to do when I get there is drop the bolts in, strap on the Treesuit and hunt. I have used this set up for about 7 years now and have extremely good luck with it. Hope this helps.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
I have one, used it last year a lot. One complaint, I just got a new one, some of the stitching was starting to come out on my old one after one season! I bought it from Cabelas, they sent me out a new one no questions asked! If they didn't, I would buy another one. It took getting used to but, opened up a lot more places for me to hunt. I bicycle in on public land & use lone wolf sticks & a gorilla tree seat to stand on. I will be attaching three ameristep strap on steps to the cinch strap on the gorilla seat. I can not use screw in steps on public. I have never felt safer than in a tree saddle.
I would(do) use a ratchet strap rather than a cinch strap. It gets very tight and the steps wont rotate as much.

· Registered
186 Posts
Last year was a disaster for me. I had a bunch of great treestand spots set-up well before season. The problem was I had too many types of stands - a few ladders, a few climber spots, a couple of hang-on trees, and three tree saddles spots.

If I read the wind wrong before heading out or if the wind changed while I was hunting I wasn't always able to adjust, i.e. if I had my climber and needed to move to a hang-on spot I was out of luck unless I carried both stands with me.

This off season I've set-up all my trees as tree saddles spots. It's going to give me a lot more flexibility to change spots on the fly while keeping the pack weight down. I could have down the same thing with a hang-on stand but the tree saddle is quieter and easier to set-up imo.

Good Luck.

· Registered
927 Posts
just curious as to how long it takes to set up a tree saddle. When i say that i mean from the time you climb up your steps to the time it takes to get situated. would it be less or more time then setting up a hang on? Im debating between a light hang on or a tree saddle. I'll be hunting public land so i cant use tree steps so how would i be able to manuver around the whole tree without using steps?
thanks for all the info guys and gals.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.