Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We see all the time guys asking about this bow or that. And thats great and its welcome. It makes me proud to be a member. Ive did so many searches off sight about trucks tires or whatevers lol. And many times get the old do a search its been beat to death. I never see that here.

Anyway when i drove a school bus carrying 70 some kids it could get out of hand. We were taught you have 3 main rules that were wrote in stone. Mine was stay in your seat. Keep your hands to yourself and talk quietly. Not saying there wasn't other rules there was. But those 3 keep me smiling more days than not.

But i thought it might be helpful. If we listed are top 3 rules that a bow must have.

Mine are
1 life time warranty.
2 No need for a press.
3 Uncocking without shooting.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Mmmmm, you got me thinking early today..#1/ 350 plus with a 470gr arrow
#2/ being able to cock with my hands if I lost my ropecocker
#3/ a sweet trigger

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
# 1 No Press involved
# 2 Not heavy too me
# 3 I will deal wid anything else :)

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Gonna have to add one to that rt2.

1. No press required for maintenance.

2. Life time warranty.

3. Decocking feature.

4. Fast enough for your hunting style and happy hunting grounds. :)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
1 compact (31") length no more than 21" when cocked.
2 Decocking feature.
3 ability to maintain it without a press (remote hunt worthy)
4 lifetime no BS warranty in Canada
5 no Cam's to tune
6 1 string
7 trigger tech

AKA Micro Suppressor !!

·
Bringer of truth
14,839 Posts
1. above average speed.

2. Extream accuracy, its mostly in the arrows though

3. above average trigger

Side notes.

warranty is meaningless to me as I expect any manufacture worth its salt to take care of me, unless i did it.

Note all bows are created equally, never will some one convince me of that.

Why i list speed as being so crucial is once speed is removed from the design equation that really just leaves me figuring out which plastic stock fits me the best.

The one area that so tough to concur is fast and light weight, i would like to see less weight I am good with the speed for a while after this year.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
1. Quality product (design, materials and build)
2. Lifetime warranty and top notch customer service
3. Affordable

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Sounds like most of you are talking about a Sub-1

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Sounds like most of you are talking about a Sub-1
I doubt I will ever give up my Silver Vent for a sub 1 but it is apparent that Mission did a great
job of listening to the customer on everything except price....
but you wont hear me complain about price as long as the price reflects the quality
norm

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I doubt I will ever give up my Silver Vent for a sub 1 but it is apparent that Mission did a great
job of listening to the customer on everything except price....
but you wont hear me complain about price as long as the price reflects the quality
norm
Most want a decocking feature and Sub-1 and Ravin are the only ones I'm aware of that can do that. Lifetime warranty rules out the Ravin, so that leaves only one choice.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Affordable
Decock without shooting
Performance range I want.

None of my bows have warranties (I AM the customer service department:wink:) IMO, accuracy is arrows, not the crossbow. Haven't owned one that wouldn't wreck arrows at 50, and I don't need to shoot farther. I (along with many others) have been decocking crossbows long before the new batch of bows that have "true" decocking features.

·
today's macguyver
5,679 Posts
#1 DEPENDABLE !!
#2 FAST !! (with a heavy arrow )
#3 STUPID EASY TO TUNE (with out press )

I don't need no stinking warranty ,lol
Scorpyd fits those 3 for me .

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Most want a decocking feature and Sub-1 and Ravin are the only ones I'm aware of that can do that. Lifetime warranty rules out the Ravin, so that leaves only one choice.

dont forget excal

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Affordable
Decock without shooting
Performance range I want.

None of my bows have warranties (I AM the customer service department:wink:) IMO, accuracy is arrows, not the crossbow. Haven't owned one that wouldn't wreck arrows at 50, and I don't need to shoot farther. I (along with many others) have been decocking crossbows long before the new batch of bows that have "true" decocking features.
Yeah, a friend of mine brought one of those over for me fix after "it got away" from him;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts