Archery Talk Forum banner

Your View on a Mathewa Z-Light for 3D Shooter

689 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  3Dblackncamo
Hey guys I've recently been looking into 3D shooting to broaden my shooting field. I do not however want to use my hunting setup, I have an older Mathews Z-Light shoved under my bed that is collecting dust that I use my first hunting season. I always shot well with this bow when I used it and I hate seeing what I think is a great bow collecting dust. It has a 6.5 brace height, 36" a to a, 3.25#, 80% let off, with an IBO of 300fps. I was wondering if it would be worth the money to setup for 3D and maybe a new dip or powder coat finish sense it does look pretty rough around the edges or invest a lil more for a whole new setup? Any thoughts or view would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and have a great season.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
only you can answer that for yourself.i dont bash or tell anyone there setup is inferior to the newest and greatest.its all what your used too and if it fits you and you shoot it well go for it.is it older?yes..is it outdated?probably...but who cares..i still shoot an 04 hoyt ultratec because thats my bow.it fits me and i shoot it pretty well.ive had all alot of newer bows from several manufactors but always come back to the ultratec...hope this helps

· Xecutioner
682 Posts
only you can answer that for yourself.i dont bash or tell anyone there setup is inferior to the newest and greatest.its all what your used too and if it fits you and you shoot it well go for it.is it older?yes..is it outdated?probably...but who cares..i still shoot an 04 hoyt ultratec because thats my bow.it fits me and i shoot it pretty well.ive had all alot of newer bows from several manufactors but always come back to the ultratec...hope this helps
What he said is probably the best advice for anyone and the z-light is still one of the best mathews bows ever made but i personally go with my conquest 3. If you want it to look more like a 3d bow go with the powdercoat or dip, it will turn your bow new again(in the cosmetic view) and im sure it still shoots great! Best of luck on the decision!
Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.