Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a PSE spyder bow with a springy rest on it for my 8 year old son. He is getting frustrated with the arrow coming off the rest either shooting with a tab or with a release. I was thinking of going to a whisker biscut for him but he is shooting small diameter red line carbon arrows that came with the bow. The springy rest is making contact with the fletchings because my paper tune is fairly inconsistant. Any thoughts on a good rest for a youth bow that can accomodate a narrow diameter arrow and is forgiving? We are only target shooters

Mike Butz

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I think they do have a disk that is made carbons for the WB rest . You could also try a bodoodle rest also

·
Registered
343 Posts
There are a few rests out there right now that will "hold" the arrow, until it is shot.....1. WHISKER BISCUIT, 2. Vital bow gear, Ultra rest, ripcord

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
My kids have been shooting Redlines with Bodoodle Bullets. They're all release shooters and the Bodoodles work OK when used with a D loop. I'm not fond of the Whisker Biscuit, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for your son's bow. It'll sure cure having the arrow fall off the rest. In you son's situation, the Whisker Biscuit may be the best solution to the problem. It may keep the youngster from getting frustrated with archery. I'm sure they make a WB that will work with Redlines on your boy's bow.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
My son shot great with his whisker bisquit. We recently switched to a TKO drop-away and his scores haven't changed a bit. Both of these rests will accompidate the narrow arrow, but the WB is easier to set up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have my 12 year old shooting with the WB and my 8 year old is getting ready to get one on a new Mirco Midas 3. These rests are huge confidence builders for the young shooters and keeps it fun for them. Nothing takes the fun out of shooting quicker than the arrow falling of the rest. Been there and feel for you! You won't regret going to the WB rest. You may want to go ahead and get him some arrows closer to the real thing. Carbon Express Thunderstorms for example. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts