Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy had finally got his poundage up to 35# and will finally get to hunt this season. He has the BT infinite edge bow but I was wandering if there is something better in the 30+ pounds draw weight range.

Second part is has anyone killed whitetail or kids killed whitetail with the infinite edge in the 35# range. I’m thinking he will be closer to 40# by season but either way I’m confident with his arrow setup and keeping kill zone under 20 yards it would get the job done.

Thanks in advance for any input and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have an upgrade your wanting to sell

God Bless USA and Happy 4th

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I bought both my wife and son strothers hope bows. They are awesome, my son came from a ruckus and my wife has a Hoyt Nitrum 30. They are a 342 IBO bow, draw smooth and have limb stops which is nice at light draw weights. They have a short and a long draw version 24-26 and 26.5-30. I have one of each one is short draw 30-40 for my wife and a Long draw 40-50 for my son.

I’ll be buying another for my youngest if i can find one. The Moxie angle is the same bow. My son will be hunting deer and elk with his this fall, 44lbs and 28” draw.

7147C22C-F5F9-4B48-BFD7-B94ADC05052A.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
My daughter grew up with a Mission Menace. Served her well. Deer didn't seem to care they were shot with a 35lb bow. They died quickly. Kept shots at 20 yards or closer. Have gotten total passthrough with the ICS jr. Arrows and a sharp cut on contact head.

For her high school graduation this year we got her a new Elite Ember. She is still shooting around 42-43 lbs. Can shoot higher weights but she wants to be comfortable on those cold November days up a tree. Shoots the bow with much more confidence. Solid back wall with the draw stops, keeps her more consistent. She shot many different bows before settling on the Elite. Has many features of the higher end Elites.

The Infinite Edge. IE pro, and Edge 320 are all nice bows. Many deer have fallen to them and many young men and women have started their hunting careers with them.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
The Ranch Fairy has a video that he setup an edge at 43lbs & 26" draw to show that you can kill pigs with this setup. He uses super heavy arrows & drove it thru a 200lb pig.

So if it works on pigs, it will certainly work on deer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts