Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a leader for a Youth program and the venue where we shoot doesn't have any storage facilities. Consequently I need to transport the 25 or so bows I have along with the arrows and safety equipment, arm guards, finger tabs... It was getting rather painful to once a week try to figure out a way to get them all jammed into my Subaru. I tried several boxes for a while but they were heavy and required 2 people to get them loaded in and out of the car. So I devised this goofy scheme to make it all one neat package. It is three boxes, the long one on the bottom houses the recurve bows the fat one on top has the youth compound bows in it and the slanted one on the back has the accessories.

As it slides into the car the legs fold up along side the unit. The whole unit rolls into the car on integrated wheels mounted in the bottom of the box. When I get to the venue I unfold it and it roles into the building on casters mounted on the bottom of the legs. Unfortunately the arrow box is separate so I need to make 2 trips. But the hole system is movable and loadable by one person.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
car

you know when i first started reading your post and looking at the pictures i thought of this .. now dont get and new idea's with the Subaru

really you idea is a good one , being able to store what you need to transport with the room you have in the Subaru

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my gosh, now that is Hilarious!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice! Put some hooks on the arrow box to hang it under the recurve box after it's out of the subaru and you'll only have to make one trip.

·
I learn the hard way.
6,661 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here you go Tony, I bumped it back to the top for ya. If you have any questions on how I jointed it or glued it feel free to ask I can post more pictures if you need them. It's all made out of 3/8" plywood and 2x4 legs. The top boxes have runners that fit down inside the bottom box so they ride in it snugly.

:bump:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts