Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm considering a new bow for my oldest son, who will be turning 11 in February. He has a very slight build, is small for his age, but he'll have a year to grow and shoot before he's able to join me on a big game hunt, so I'm wanting something that he'll be able to shoot now, and also in the future. Being a Hoyt shooter, I've looked at the Hoyt Rintec and Selena on line, and like both of them. Does anyone have any ideas about what those two bows cost and how they compare to one another? Also, any ideas on other bows that might fit the bill? I've got a few months to shop, wanting to get the bow for his birthday, so I have time to compare things before we make the purchase. Thanks for your input! Bill

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting for the Rintec XL I ordered at the shop to come in but let me tell you I had a hard time deciding between the two. I researched both bows alot since no shops had them and went with the Rintec XL. Why? For one it was cheaper $350 vs. $450-$500. I was also told it was relatively the same as the Selena, the Selena being just a little bit heavier. I was also told that if you compare the draw weights, at 50 pounds the Rintec XL is faster than the Selena! So my advice would be check out the Rintec or Rintec XL. If I had my XL, I would have been able to tell you how it shoots. hoyts are great bows, but there are other good bows also such as Parkers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I lucked out and found one

I found a dealer near us that had a rintec in stock for $259 bare bow. We got him the 30-40 lb limbs. My son is 9 and 4'10" with a 21" dl and slim build. This bow fits him like a glove and we were amazed at how fast and accurate it isto be a kid's bow! The draw length is 18 to 26" and is adjustable without a bow press so we could work with him on getting it just right. He had a browning micro midas that was an old used bow and he wanted a hoyt.

I can tell you this switching to the hoyt has made a drastic change in his accuracy and his enthusiasm. I would recommend the rintec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts