Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would Beman carbon racing 800-13 shafts cut to 25" be suitable for a young shooter, pulling 27lbs. out of an Alpine micro? Can't seem to find info on this shaft anywhere. Must be discontinued??? Thanks for any info

·
Registered
610 Posts
Gold tips

If you havent already bought them look at the gold tip entradas( 600s.)5.7 grains per inch.Light and at a good price.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Beman ICS Juniors.

Best shaft choice for youth, in my opinion.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Goldtip

You can check them out on there web site.They have some really good tools there for checking arrow specs.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
AA lists your Beman Racing 800-13s as too stiff. 6.6 grains per inch. The 1000-13s are listed as optimal using a 75 grain point. I think you could get the 800-13s to work. I'd buy them if the price was right. Beman makes a good arrow shaft.

·
One Shot
9,181 Posts
Most of the "youth" arrows are just mislabeled. They should be labeled "junk". I spend more on my kids arrows than I do on mine. I don't know anything about the arrows you are asking about, but my son shoots 900 spine arrows cut to 23" with a glue in 50 grain point. They are the Beman ICS energy shafts, and run a little over $80/doz. These things are very light, and at 32# he gets over 190 fps and outstanding flight with them.

Kids arrows are often marketed in a cheap price range - this is because they are assumed to be basically disposable. They are disposable because they are so crappy the kid can't hit anything with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts