Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw today that Youtube will no longer allow monetization for channels with less than 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in a year. Curious as to how many smaller hunting and archery channels will stop posting all together?

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
So they won’t get any money? I have heard that a lot don’t get anything now. They can still post though? Where did you see this also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Powered By Elite
2,725 Posts
So they won’t get any money? I have heard that a lot don’t get anything now. They can still post though? Where did you see this also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I don't know, maybe consertive channels?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
676 Posts
As someone with over 8.5k subscribers (still a minuscule drop-in the YouTube bucket) and knowing what my average ad revenue is per month, it makes sense that they're not going to monetize channels of such size. It's probably way too much data on their end to keep as the money continues to accrue month to month until you reach the $100 threshold before they cut you a check. Knowing how we can take me a month or two to reach that threshold I can see how long it would take a channel with much fewer subscribers.

·
Distance hole puncher
1,978 Posts
Nothing to do w Net Neutrality.

It's a response to that asshat Paul Logan videoing a body in the Japan suicide forest.

It's also a way for YT to stop paying a lot of people who were making small amounts.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Oh no the sky is falling! This is not new news is it? My silly Son got pissed off because of this last year. Broke his little heart. He wanted to be a YT sensation and get paid..... LOL

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I can understand people wanting to get paid for their videos but I can tell you that even for me on my channel revenue from ads placed by YouTube is minuscule. I'm a small channel by YouTube standards for sure but here are my numbers for 2017 to give reference:
Views: 423,684
Watch Minutes: 2,256,329
Estimated Revenue: $702.70

So you can see that even with just under half a million views I still made less than $1000 for the year in ad revenue and YouTube Red revenue.

If you're wanting to try to make money off YouTube videos the way I would look is to sell sponsoring ads for videos or ad space in your videos from companies. Handling this affair yourself will net you more income from your videos than YouTube paid ad space.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts