Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I shoot a GT500 and a Z-28, both in 28" DL. I'd like to try shooting a Z7 but want to know if the DL on the Z7 runs true or is it long? Both my Elites are spot on at 28 but have heard plenty about Mathews running long.

·
Registered
156 Posts
mine is 27.5 and is spot on

·
Registered
421 Posts
My old hoyt was 28, so I shot the Z7 at 28 and ordered a 28. It fits me right. Shoot one if you can to be sure.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
z7

ordered 30 got 30and 5-8ths it sucks that mathews cant deliver the correct draw length, for 850 $ you would think they could get the draw length right and this is not an isolated problem every mathews i have owned has drawn way long to improve there ibo numbers!

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
mine is a 29 inch cam and measures 29 1/8. All mathews bows Ive had have been closer then most gripes u hear around here. Its all about the twist in the string man
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I usually shoot a 29.5" draw but tried it in the Z7 nand it felt short so I tried the 30" one and felt perfect!! Maybe it's the short ata but the thing shoots lights out for me! Just came in from shooting it out to 50 yards and was shooting some real tight groups. Gonna try for a turkey tomorrow!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts