Archery Talk Forum banner

Z7 magnum

1454 Views 32 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  DocMort
Whose got them? Shot them? Opinions? I shot it today liked it just wondering what others think
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,263 Posts
i held one and i didnt wana shoot it, but i did. it was so top heavy and it just wants to fall out of ur hands at the shot. it weighs a ton and its ugly.... not for me.

· Hunter/Gatherer
13,388 Posts
I bought mine sight unseen after shooting an original Z7. It just draws so nice and shoots so good. Yes its a tad heavy but im a big guy so i dont notice it as much as a smaller man would. I even added a 8 inch Bernies Steadieizer with 8 oz on the front. Ive got the Downforce rest and an Axcel Amourtech on it. I just love this bow...

· Registered
16 Posts
Top heavy, fall out of your hand at the shot???? I've had one for about a month now and love it. It's by no means top heavy to me and at the shot is very steady and shock free. One of the flatest shooting out of all the bows i sampled this winter. My top pin is bullseye from 10-37 yds., maybe 1/4" drop at the most. The only thing bad i can say about it is there is a slight hump just before the full draw cycle is complete but you get use too it pretty quick and forget it's even there. Thats my 2 cents......

· Registered
1,363 Posts
I don't know what these guys are talking about it being top heavy. I waited for the Invasion to come out before deciding on what bow I was getting. I just should have ordered the Z7 Mag right when I shot it. It was the best bow I shot all year. Totally shock free, well balanced and w/ the long riser real stable at the shot, the draw is like butter smooth. Mine is suppossed to be here this week can't wait. Getting it in all black, had a Monster for the last couple of years that was a great bow but I have never been more excited over a bow than this one.

· Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was top heavy to an extent but not as bad as some make it out, to me felt alot like the monster 6 in the top heavy department. I will get one if I can sell the pure

· Registered
1,814 Posts
Mine was a little top heavy bare but I got a light front bar on it and a heavy back bar on it. The bow feels awesome and I like a heavy bow so with all this stuff one it makes it perfect for me. Im not crazy about 80% letoff so Im gonna serve the cable up heavy to take care of that. Mine was doing 312 at 28 inch!!!!

· Registered
1,011 Posts
I also almost bought a Magnum site unseen due to the performance and feel of the Z7 and Extreme. I definitely was bias towards this bow going in to shoot it. The first thing I noticed was the weight of the bow. The second thing I noticed was the tendancy for the bow to dip down and to side to side as alot of this weight of the toward seems to be distributed in the upper half of the riser and limbs. This bow seemed to have alot of riser. Various stabilizers helped but did not correct completely. However, it shot like a dream. I just kept noticing the bow willing to dip side to side. It felt like I was balancing a weight on the top axel or something. The draw was a dream and the bow was DEAD ZERO in the hand at release. Very nice bow, but what can I say, if the weight and or weight dispersement was not to my likings then I need to take a hard look at that. Perhaps something in my form is preventing me from being completely stable w this riser. I passed on it due to personal perferences, of course.

· Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me being a big guy 6'5 or so the bow felt longer with all that riser, didn't notice a want for it to turn but will have to shot it again to see

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Could have been sometime in my form. It is a hard thing to describe, but let me try. Next time you shoot it, rotate your wrist clockwise and counterclockwise at full draw. See how that bow reacts to it. Does it settle back into balance naturally or does it require you to "manually" balance it back out? Good luck. Definitely want to hear how it goes for you. Keep us posted on your selection. Cheers.

Me being a big guy 6'5 or so the bow felt longer with all that riser, didn't notice a want for it to turn but will have to shot it again to see

· Hunter/Gatherer
13,388 Posts
A good stab takes care of the movement being described. Did for me at least...

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah, I hear you and thought the same. In the end, there was a a bow hanging right next to it that did not require a stab at all to accomplish this balance. It was my only hang up on the magnum. I did like it and really wanted it to be "my new bow", but....

A good stab takes care of the movement being described. Did for me at least...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.