Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chrono'ed my Z7 today and was shooting 301 fps. My arrow (a Carbon Express Maxima) weighed 341 grams. I am shooting 67lbs at 28".

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I could live with that. I went to the local pro shop today to shoot the Z7 and the Destroyer again. I have to say I'm reconsidering buying the Z7 instead of the Destroyer. It was buttery smooth on the draw, vibe free, and quiet. I'm a 28" too. It's nice to see it get some respectable speed.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I was dissappointed in the speed of the Z7 everything else is great I shot one yesterday in the shop 70# draw 30" with a 352 gr arrow it only shot 317. Thats 15 fps under ibo. My captain at 66# with 28" draw 362gr arrow shoots 306 fps.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a speed freak but do appreciate that it will make a bow more of a flat shooter. I traded my DXT for the Z7 and all things being equal the Z7 is getting around 10 fps more speed and is perhaps more quiet. I'm already shooting the Z7 as well as I did my DXT (major worry when I traded it). Not to sound like a Mathews fanboy but I was pleasantly suprised at how much my 08 DXT was worth at trade time! Regards, Randy Price

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Well I shot the z7 today and I cant tell ya how fast it was because I didn't shoot it through the chrono. What I will say is wow! that thing is a shooter! In my opinion the best Mathews bow yet. I really didn't think they would ever top the original Switchback.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was dissappointed in the speed of the Z7 everything else is great I shot one yesterday in the shop 70# draw 30" with a 352 gr arrow it only shot 317. Thats 15 fps under ibo. My captain at 66# with 28" draw 362gr arrow shoots 306 fps.
Only 317 fps?? OMG that is terribly slow.:darkbeer:

·
Sultan of Smack
5,652 Posts
Don't want to sound like a "fanboy", but you might want to check the specs. We haven't had one go out of our shop that didn't hit IBO.

SCFox

·
seek and destroy
5,114 Posts
Better stick with that rifle....deer gonna duck u every time....Ill take ur z7....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My brother chrono'd his yesterday, 72#, 29" draw, 403 (+/-) gr. arrow= 298FPS.

I am getting 299FPS out of my Monster with 29" draw, 62#, 410 Gr +/- arrow.

I am really liking the Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is a shooter also! I have never seen him shoot a bow so good in my life! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
The last thing I did last week before leaving the shop with my Z7 was to check the speed. At #70 and 30" with a 426 gr. arrow it checked in at 303fps. I'd like to check it again with one of my arrows at 389 grains. And here I thought I was going to give up the speed I was getting out of my 101st. Happily mistaken.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I chrono'ed my Z7 today and was shooting 301 fps. My arrow (a Carbon Express Maxima) weighed 341 grams. I am shooting 67lbs at 28".

let me do the conversion. 347 grams equals about 5355 grains. 301 with a 5355 grain arrow? thats incredible!!! :mg:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got to ask this question>
How far from the chrono do you shoot? I am heading to the pro shop and will be shooting the Z7 and destroyer 350. I currently shoot an 05 Allegiance... My wife shoots a SBXT, so I do not have an issue jumping to Matthews....

Wanted to know the chrono distance before I went to the shop

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got to ask this question>
How far from the chrono do you shoot? I am heading to the pro shop and will be shooting the Z7 and destroyer 350. I currently shoot an 05 Allegiance... My wife shoots a SBXT, so I do not have an issue jumping to Matthews....

Wanted to know the chrono distance before I went to the shop
Very close. Didn't measure the distance 1-2' away??

·
Registered
440 Posts
My brother chrono'd his yesterday, 72#, 29" draw, 403 (+/-) gr. arrow= 298FPS.

I am getting 299FPS out of my Monster with 29" draw, 62#, 410 Gr +/- arrow.

I am really liking the Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is a shooter also! I have never seen him shoot a bow so good in my life! :)
It is the best I have ever shot a bow arrows are only 395grains:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts