Archery Talk Forum banner

z7 tactical or elite pure

1065 15
hello just want to see what everyone thinks between the two, and be honest.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
11,415 Posts
So many differences between the two bows. I'd pick the Pure.

Because I like the way longer ATA bows hold on target. I also use my bows for both 3D and hunting.. so a bow that holds good on target is a must for me...

Dont get me wrong the Z7 is a great shooting bow, i just feel its too short for my shooting styles.

· Shootin and Cussin
27,245 Posts
Pure for me.....

I'm leaning toward the Pure because of the longer A2A.

· Hunter/Gatherer
13,388 Posts
I have a Z7 Magnum. The Pure would have been my second choice...

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am kinda bias for the pure because since i traded my mathews reezen for an elite z28 i have seen the light so to speak. how about the z9 gotta love that brace height

· Living The Dream
3,796 Posts
Pure, the grip is better feeling to me, not to mention the AtA is better suited to both 3d and hunting. However, shooting both at the same specs with the same arrow will give you the best idea on how the bow performs for you...

· Registered
1,969 Posts
I don't know how you even compare the two of them. If it's going to be your only bow, I'd go with the Pure, you should be able to do anything with it. If you only hunt and you like the short ATA, I guess the Z7, but I wouldn't go with the xtreme, just get the original.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
have a z7 not a z7x... i wish i could help you because i want to shoot a pure bad, no shops local though... love my z7 and my gt500 though, you go shoot them and decide for yourself
where are you from in pa there is a dealer in hornell new york and corning

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.