Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ONE WORD ....[WOW! Got it a few weeks ago..waited to see what i could do with it..and the results are in...ZOWWIE...FAst and faster...For a :wink:single cam it is awesome.Lved all my Mathews bows...never thoght i would get rid of my DXT..i was wrong.[/I]

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
OK:confused: glad you like it...no need to post pics manlaw doesnt apply:wink: actually nice shooting bow just cant get by the looks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
how close of groups r u shooting? and is it comfortable sitting in your hand?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Congrats on the new bow.

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
Z-7

You will like it more and more as days pass..

Great bow from Mathews..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
review

Do a bit of a review on it and compare to a ReEzEn. Or your other one. Is that the only thing is, "it is fast"?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I shot the Z7 and was impressed with how dead the shot was. It is a pretty sweet bow!!........for a Mathews :pukey: (sorry.....had to throw that in there)
But seriously.....I haven't liked there lineup since the Switchbacks got pulled.....and the Z7 is a winner this year.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I also think the Z7 is an awesome bow. It was one of the few bows I have ever fell in love with as soon as I picked it up. Very impressed when I shot it. Def a winner from Mathews.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I didn't care for the looks in the pictures but after seeing it in person and especially after shooting it I don't care if others think it looks like a waffle iron. I hope to be killing alot of deer w/ that waffle iron!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will try and answer some of the ? i got on my thread.OK..here goes. Im getting some really tight groups out to 40yds.Tearing fletchings and dinging knocks.I have had to re fletch almost all my arrows.You would think i would stop shooting more than one..but i cant help it! As far as fit in my hand goes...It fits almost the same as my DXT! It is a bit more comfortable..for the lack of a better term! I would rate this a 9.5 out of 10 in all catagories.Against all the other Mathews bows i have shot! And it is a long list.Been shooting thems since 1995! I rated my DXT a solid 8.5.Speed is great for a short Draw guy like myself.I bought a 27 inch 65lbs Z7(new poundage) and i'm getting 309fps out of it with a 355 grain arrow!If you dont know the New Mathews bows peak out 7 lbs higher than stated...meaning i could get 72 lbs out of my 65lbs Z7! From the passion up to the Z7.Keep it in mind for the gals.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The only thing the Z7 did for me was make me realize that I don't have to have a new bow every year! Its a sweet bow but it needs to be longer. Mathews really outdid themselves this year but I think they wanted to test the waters to see how people would accept the new look. Since they're selling like hotcakes, I would imagine the gridlock and reverse assist look will be on all of their future bows. Give me a 33" Z7. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Actually

You said approximately 48 words not counting punctuation and non-words. I pay attention to those kind of things.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I watched a kid, think he was bout 13 yrs old, shoot the Z7, Alien X, Reezen 6.5. As I looked on, I noticed the quietest one was the Z7. Further more, you could see by the kids reaction which bow he liked the best, the Z7. His dad was making him shoot every bow in the shop. They ordered a Z7. Lucky kid:wink:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I shot the Z7 today at the local shop . I went there to shoot the Alpha Burnner. They are to different monsters . I love the alpha burner but This Z7 has me wondering if I can fallow threw with my plan on not buying another bow this year . I told the shop owner That this was the best bow mathews has ever made and if it wasnt so close to Christmas I would have made a purchuse . WOW is right this is one nice drawin great shooting bow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts