Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all the parts in the other day and setup the red dot sight yesterday. Took me greater part of 4 hours but shootin tacks now. Word of advice, when you order your Zeiss Z-point make sure you match base mount to your z-point mount. There are 2 different bases you can purchase, Weaver and Picatinny. I found the cheapest website to be BOTAC. There Zeiss is a Pictinny mount and retails about $349. I managed to order a weaver mount not knowng that BOTAC only sells the Picatiiny rail. Don't make the same mistake I made, luckily everything worked out. Sighting in can be frustrating, just be patient and keep at it. I went to this setup cause I had a hard time focusing the pin in the peep at low light times. This sight eliminates the peep and you sight with both eyes open. I'm very happy with this setup and really helped with the vision problem. If I can help anyone let me know, Mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do you find your bowstring gets in the way of your sight picture? I installed a Millett with an HHA mount this weekend. I love the dot, but when I get the dot centered, I find the bowstring straight in my vision. Like I was still shooting a peep sight.

·
Registered
512 Posts
not with a red dot , but that's why I put a peep on in the first place
when bow is level and at full draw. string blocks vision. I only put a peep on to see thru the string. cant understand how anyone can shoot an uncanted bow without a peep
can't see how the no peep and red dot scopes could be good without canting the bow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts