Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,081 Posts
I've never tried the "BackFire", but, Zenith releases are a quality item, I've used the "Comfort" models before, and, purchased 'em here in the classifieds....they are a good release, just keep lookin', and, one will turn up in the classifieds sooner, or, later...although, they're priced right at the retail level, a quality release at a fair price! ;)

· Registered
Traditional samick sage 40 lb 28 draw
104 Posts
I shot a friend of mine's a few times and it feels like a very high quality hinge release. Joe Bauernfeind, owner of the co is one of the inventors of back tension release technology. These are high quality great releases at excellent prices. He also a $60 release which is the same as the comfort release except you don't have as many color options. Definitely try one but they are built very well.

· Old school
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, right now I am using a Stan Micro Trio. I like it but.....some days it is easier to work than others, and the days it is not easy it seems like I could pull through the shot for minutes and still not get the release to fire. I also know that some of this is due to the minor, minor differences in hand placement on the handle itself.....and some of it is me being lazy with my back tension.

I thought that the bearing on the middle hole would make it a little more consistent.....just a thought.

Attachments

· Registered
2,350 Posts
Well, right now I am using a Stan Micro Trio. I like it but.....some days it is easier to work than others, and the days it is not easy it seems like I could pull through the shot for minutes and still not get the release to fire. I also know that some of this is due to the minor, minor differences in hand placement on the handle itself.....and some of it is me being lazy with my back tension.

I thought that the bearing on the middle hole would make it a little more consistent.....just a thought.
The problem you're having is the inability to relieve the pulling pressure on your index finger and transfering the pull to your other fingers. The Backfire solves this problem by isolating the index finger pull to the bearing. The body of the release is free to rotate no matter how hard you pull with the index.
Joe B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.