Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between machined brass and machined alumnium?

Why should i choose one over another>? Which material should i get and why?

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Not 100% certain, but I think the physical weight of the release is the only difference, with the brass being much heavier. Some, I think, prefer the heavier release in their hand......feels like you're holding something. Basically personal preference I believe, not a matter of one being better than the other....like most everything else in archery :).

>>--------->

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Not 100% certain, but I think the physical weight of the release is the only difference, with the brass being much heavier. Some, I think, prefer the heavier release in their hand......feels like you're holding something. Basically personal preference I believe, not a matter of one being better than the other....like most everything else in archery :).

>>--------->
Right on Jeff. The brass is more easily modified too, without ruining the finish. Once you start shaping the anodized handles they don't look too good.
Joe B.

·
Registered
404 Posts
hanyueh, can't go wrong with a Zenith...

I have a brass release (not a zenith) and a zenith in aluminum. I like the weight of the brass handle and wish I had one for my Zenith. I've tried a dozen different releases and always come back to my Zenith.

I wish Joe offered the brass in every size, but I imagine the manufacturing costs would be nuts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Zenith BT Releases are the best! I have both, but actually prefer the aluminum 3 finger in the regular size even though I have bigger hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts