Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the zenith upgrade kit for my Bitzenburger Jig and when I go to spin the arrow there is a noticeable contact between the inside of the jig and the new nock receiver unit. This friction is causing my arrow to spin irregularly and I am getting random spacing on my fletches. I am thinking I need to sand down the receiver piece somehow to get a better clearance but I am not sure what to do. It s very frustrating.

·
Hunt Now-Not Later
3,545 Posts
Does not sound right, have you checked that one of the ball bearings hasn’t cracked and is pushing thru on one of the 3 settings, or a burr on the upgrade? If all seems in order I’d send back and get a replacement to try again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it appears there are several burrs on the replacement. I am not sure how they got there, but this has been the issue since I installed the kit. The burrs are right on the edge of the channel the set screw slides in so the contact is between the set screw and the receiver piece. I will try to file it down if that doesn’t work I may just order a replacement. Thanks for the help!
I will check these things tonight and try again. Thank you!
Does not sound right, have you checked that one of the ball bearings hasn’t cracked and is pushing thru on one of the 3 settings, or a burr on the upgrade? If all seems in order I’d send back and get a replacement to try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved, I filed and sanded the burs down, as well as a point of contact where the shaft receiver piece slides through the hole in the jig. Everything is spinning freely now and I am a happy man. Now to fletch some arrows! Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.