Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tryed putting a Muzzy Zero effect PC600 on my 06 tribute today and got every thing set, but it seems that the cable slide don't come back far enough for the rest to raise and drop. The arrow rest will not drop out of the way of my feathers fast enough.
I took the bow to 2 different pro shops and neither one of them could get it set, one shop even said that they were sending the PC600's and the Hoyt models back due to the same problem. I know some of you are shooting these off a tribute so whats the secret.
I was also wondering if anyone might recommend a different drop away for hunting was looking at a copper john scardy cat or trophy taker shakey hunter. Maybe I am just looking for different opinons on a few rests, at this point I am ready to just go back to a wiskerbiscuit.

Thanks for any advice

·
Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
Make sure you have the rest coming up to full height at the last moment when you reach your draw breakover point. That will make sure the rest drops before your arrow even is near the rest. Watch the DVD again if you have it and tinker with it. I had contact when I first set mine up but after about 20 min I had that thing shooting like no other rest I've used.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
muzzy

I think the problrm I am having is the rest itself is not dropping fast enough and I think its caused by the cable slide only moving 1/2 an inch max.

·
Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
Did you trim the turnbuckle to fit? I have to cut about 1/2" or more off of my turnbuckle to get the right fit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zero effect

Yeah I had the PC 600 which is specificly for parellel limb bows. I just dug up an old whisker biscket guess they new/old muzzy (POS) will take its place in the closet LOL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Set one up on my Trubute and get great arrow flight with no contact. Make sure you pay attention to the DVD and directions regarding the mounting holes. You have to use the correct ones on the Tribute to get enough arm travel. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts