Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone work up a custom arrow/broadhead that is working well with the Zulu scout.
I think I'm fixing to get one . Trying to get as much info possible for it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Here is a combo I just came back from shooting my Zulu Scout. I tried factory fletched Black Eagle Zombie Slayers with Blazer vanes with a variety of broad heads. My bow has the stock string on it with Sims string silencers which make the bow lose about 4fps. With this arrow and 100 grain point the arrow weighs 420 grains. The arrow speed was 305fps. This speed just about matches the Hawke scope reticle perfectly. I shot Slick trick Viper tricks 100gr, Nap Killzone expandable 100gr, Nap spitfire 100 practice head, Slick trick magnum 125. All of them shot pretty well. But the Viper tricks were a bit better than the others. Almost every shot 30,40,50 was right on. But all the others were pretty good. I had a decent but not great rest and it was windy. I did not use the same arrow for every shot. The farthest shot from point of aim was with the Killzone at 40 yards. It was off the aiming point about 4 inches once. But could have been me. I shot just a few shots with South Shore Archery Synal Tapps. They are about 10 grains heavier and fletched with Flex Fletch sk300 vanes. They shot just a bit lower. All in all I would be confident to screw on any of these broadheads and go hunt . Im gonna keep my max to 35 yards preferrably shorter. This is my first year with a crossbow. Cant wait

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.