Archery Talk Forum banner

Hunter to target

357 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dino757 
#1 ·
As a bowhunter I'm always wanting to improve. Obviously 3d is a huge off season thing for bowhunters but how many hunters shoot indoor leagues to really fine tune form vs shooting 3d

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I don't think many "bowhunters" shoot indoor for the specific purpose of improving their hunting success, they shoot indoor because they enjoy the challenge and/or just enjoy shooting their bow and "indoor" makes more sense than "outdoor" in the heart off winter.

#3 ·
Like nestly, more fun shooting.....hunting, 3D or paper target all require form...If wanting to perfect form then I'd suggest shooting Indoor paper. Somewhere within shooting 60 shots you may find what works best....Good upper "T" form is required in any hunting position, any event...

#5 ·
I shoot a winter league, that is paper animal targets. It is mostly hunters using their hunting bows with some target rigs thrown in. We have all levels of shooters. Since it is a handicap league, everyone has a change of winning. Most times the best archers don't win. It is a good time talking about archery & hunting when you aren't on the line. The better archers help the newbies out & by the end of 12 weeks, you see a significant improvement in their shooting.

#9 ·
I think indoor rounds are extremely helpful for hunters. Indoors is where I first started to become a much better shot. Took my hunting rig to the local indoor league and was blown away by how well some people are able to shoot. Everyone was more than helpful showing me little things here and there. Just be careful! Indoor local league is also what turned me into to target guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.