Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Spine Help

486 views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  boucheed 
#1 ·
I was thinking about using some brass inserts in my arrows but I wanted to get some input from you guys.

Specs:

Elite Ritual 30 at 70lbs, 27.5” draw
Easton Axis 5mm 340s that will be cut 27” carbon to carbon.

Spine selection charts don’t seem to account for different insert weights. My question is: how would my arrow spine be looking with the following configurations of inserts and points?

50 grain insert, 125 grain point
50 grain insert, 100 grain point
75 grain insert, 125 grain point

Thanks!

#3 ·
x2.....the shorter you cut your arrows, the stiffer they can become too. One of the benefits for us short draw archers is the ability to play around with our arrow length to find the best configuration.

#10 ·
#11 ·
If you do that you need to look at a stiffer arrow.

#12 ·
Check out the Victory Archery website under arrow guide then open spine calculator, you can enter anything you want to try and see what it will do for free!
It says:
arrow #1 .329 spine
arrow #2 .339
arrow #3 .320
I have found that fixed heads require a stiffer spine in general. So arrow #2 would work with a mechanical, but for fixed I would go with a .300 spine. You might be able to cut your shafts shorter if you have a rest that keeps the arrow fully contained and are comfortable with that, and/or you can turn the pounds down when tuning. good luck!

#14 ·
This is really helpful! I have found a lot of charts to either be pretty different than one another or they don't accommodate for all the different components you could build arrows with. And that ends up with a person only being somewhat close on proper arrow spine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.